Monday, November 4, 2013

Remember Me - Xbox

Just got done playing Remember Me on Xbox for a couple hours. Not a bad game, I was worried I wouldn't like the game play but it's pretty addictive. You play a former "memory hunter" who has her memory erased. This is the beginning of the story line.

You start to gain a few memories here and there as you play. You gain experience with kills, and you can "buy" pressers to make combo moves. Pressers are pretty much moves that you attack with. There are scenes where you can alter someone's memory and change fate. In the start, a bounty hunter is after you for the bounty on your head from escaping. She needs the bounty because her husband is very sick and the memory company needs more money to keep treating him. Once she attacks you and you read her memories, you are able to rewind time in the instance where she is watching the doctor treat her husband and informing her that it will cost more. You change a few things, and the doctor ends up killing him. No need for a bounty, and now the bounty hunter wants revenge on the company, which turns her to your side.

I can only imagine that the story line expands out in a similar way to the small amount of time I spent playing. I'm hoping that it does, because so far the game has kept my attention!

Other titles I like (to get a feel for my flavor of games) include: Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age, XCOM, Civilization Revolution, Kingdoms of Amalur, Tomb Raider (newest one). There's many more, but I just wanted to give an idea.

P.S. This really helped me get over DPO 8! ;)

No comments: