Thursday, November 14, 2013

Catching Up - It Was BFN

So... I happened to get some false positive pregnancy tests on the last IUI. Very heartbreaking to feel so hopeful and find out it was just a bad batch of Wondfos. I mean, I knew they had evap lines but these last two tests gave an obvious dark and pink line compared to a normal evaporation line. I searched the batch number W00121086-3 and found a bunch of other people had problems with these tests. Then I found that there were other batch lots that had issues. Suddenly, Wondfo doesn't sound like a brand I want to purchase any more.

I ended up buying some tests from Early-Pregnancy-Tests.com instead of more Wondfos. These are significantly thicker than other cheapie tests I've bought. I'll have to take a picture of the tests side-by-side when it's time to start testing again. I think I'll stick with them for now until they give me a reason to switch.

In other news, my Dr. agreed to let me do a round of injectibles this time with the IUI! Well, I'll be doing Femara and injectibles.. he didn't want to go too crazy since I'm under 35 and my AMH is great. I'm supposed to take 5 days' worth of Femara and then 3 days of injectibles. Then I'll get an ultrasound scan the next day to see where I'm at. This will be the first time I get a scan to see my follicles, I'm kind of excited. Of course my chance for twins doubles compared to when I was taking Clomid, which was already more than double a normal cycle.

No comments: