Monday, September 30, 2013

3 DPO - Or 3 days post ovulation & IUI!

Three days down, 11 more to go! I don't think I'm going to make it to the 14 day mark. I'm usually starting my testing around DPO 7 or 8. I know most likely it's early and there's high risk for evaporation lines on the cheap internet tests (ICs) but I can't help it! Plus I think I enjoy seeing the progression of lines.

I still have two of my collections from past miscarriages (one chemical pregnancy, where you get positive pregnancy tests but the miscarriage happens very early on). I'm not sure why I kept them all this time, but it just dawned on me that maybe other people might benefit from seeing them. Since the sticks are already dry, it's hard to see the beginning of a line on the early dates, but I only started collecting the sticks that I thought I saw a line when I squinted. That seems to be around DPO 9 for me!



The set of blue sticks was my 8 week miscarriage. It was devastating, because I went in early to confirm and we were able to see the heartbeat a little over 6 weeks. Sadly, I started spotting and bleeding and there was no more heartbeat on the next ultrasound  at 8-9 weeks.


This is the first time I am sharing this picture, I keep it in my desk drawer to remind me that this infertility is temporary. It's very personal and I decided I wanted to share what I could on this blog in hopes that maybe I could help at least one person out in their quest. It might be interesting to look back on everything later.

No comments: